WHEELS OF GLORY
- Auto e Moto d’Epoca 2012 - Ruote Borrani will be exhibiting at the Auto e Moto d’Epoca 2012 October 25-28 in Padova. This is the most important Italian show of vintage cars and motorbikes with over 1,600 cars on display and more than 45,000 attendees.
- FCA Int’l Meet, Palm Springs, CA - Stop by Borrani Americas’ display area at the 2012 Ferrari Club of America International Meet October 10-14. Talk with our staff about Borrani wire wheels, Cicognani weather stripping and Sangalli gaskets.
- Euro Auto Festival - Congratulations to our Borrani Ambassador Luther Sheilds for coming in 1st place at the Euro Auto Festival. This event is held annually at the BMW plant in Greer, SC. Click here to see Luther’s MINI Cooper with 18” Borrani Wire Wheels.
- Motorcycle Wire Wheels - The rumors are true. Ruote Borrani wire wheels are in production. It is anticipated that the re-release of the Ruote Borrani motorcycle rims will happen by the end of the year. Visit our Facebook page for the most updated information.
- Concorso Italiano - Don’t miss your chance to see one of the most beautiful displays of Italian cars at the 2012 Concorso Italiano. Matteo Bosisio, head of Ruote Borrani Classic will be visiting and answering questions on Borrani Classic rims as well as Borrani motorcycle wire wheels.
- Fiat FreakOut - Fiat and Lancia enthusiasts come from all over North America to show off their pride and joys and meet other enthusiasts like themselves. If you’re venturing to the 2012 FreakOut in Charlottesville, VA visit John Montgomery to see first-hand what a set of Borrani wire wheels can do for your Fiat 500. The Fiat FreakOut will be held August 2-5 at the Wintergreen Resort.
- If you see our rims out and about report it on our Facebook page. We have ambassadors and friends on the move around the USA with our rims on their amazing cars...see some photos here.
- FIRST REPORT FROM MINIs ON THE DRAGON - Borrani Americas’ blog
Fontana, NC – is a remote hamlet nestled deep in the western North Carolina Mountains near the Tennessee state line. A pristine and secluded place, its natural beauty is preserved by the rugged wilderness of the terrain. The mountainous topography features majestic peaks, deep valleys and the beautiful Fontana Lake; perhaps the most placid and tranquil body of water...Read more...
- BORRANI AMERICAS AT MINIs ON THE DRAGON! - Borrani Americas’ blog
Wow, from hot rods to MINIs! We go from the Lone Star Roundup, showcasing Borrani rims on some truly unique pieces of art, to a very different atmosphere surrounding the MINI. Read More
- MINIs on the Dragon...That’s right. See these amazing cars take on the tail of the dragon...or 318 curves in the Mountains of North Carolina. Borrani Americas will be there supporting these wonderful enthusiasts May 2-6. Stop by our display booth and meet John Montgomery and Luke Shields. Luke will be taking on the Dragon with his beautiful blue Mini with Borrani rims. Hear from him first-hand how his MINI takes on the Dragon. Visit our Facebook page to see the latest posts, pictures and videos from the event.
- THE GARAGE CRAWL-Borrani Americas’ blog
The Lone Star Roundup started off with a really great event called the “Garage Crawl. Borrani Americas and partner A&M Garage were fortunate to meet up with hot rod legends Mercury Charlie and Gene Winfield. Click here to see some photos.
- A RECAP OF THE LONE STAR ROUNDUP - HOT ROD HEAVEN! - Borrani Americas’ blog
Wow...that is the only word that fits the Lone Star Roundup event. This renown hotrod event held every year in Austin, TX has a little of something for everyone. From traditional rods and customs to swap meets and live music. The fun never seems to stop. The day starts at the Travis County Expo Center and finishes on South Congress Ave. with an amazing cruise and stop at the famous Continental Club. Borrani Americas and Texas distributor A&M Garage had the pleasure...Read more...
- BORRANI HISTORY - Borrani Americas’ blog
Borrani has a reputation of being the “Gold Standard” of wire wheels. Our rims are known for their reliability and elegance but where did this come from? Rudge Whitworth Milano was established in Milan, Italy on April 22, 1922. The owner, Carlo Borrani was born in Napa City, CA in 1887. His family had emigrated to the U.S. for a better life. Just after WWI he...Read more...
- LONE STAR ROUNDUP - HOT ROD HEAVEN...WITH WIRE WHEELS - Borrani Americas’ blog Join Borrani Americas at the 2012 Lone Star Roundup in Austin, TX April 13-15. We’ll have two vehicles showcasing our dynamic rims. The first is a 1926 Ford being restored by Mercury Charlie, one of the leading restorers in Austin. The other a 1957 Caddy owned by Roundup organizer Steve Wertheimer. The bodywork on this car is outstanding. Buy why wouldn’t it be it was done by Gary Howard Customs. The Lone Star Roundup is in its 11th year and going strong. The show has amazing cars, musicians and artists from across the country. Started as a small gathering of gearheads...Read more...
- THE BUILDING OF A BRAND - EVOLUTION OF THE BORRANI RED HAND - Borrani Americas’ blog As rumor would have it...the origins of the famous Borrani red hand is Irish Gaelic and intially brought over when Carlo Borrani purchased the patent from Rudge Whitworth in Coventry. The Rudge Whitworth system on center-locking was already established in the car business, so Borrani decided to...Read more...
- AUTHENTIC DESIGN, ORIGINAL CRAFTSMANSHIP - Borrani Americas’ Blog
When replacing an authentic part on a priceless, timeless automobile, how far would you go to ensure the part is absolutely authentic? Read more...
- BEYOND RED!
The 17th annual Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance will showcase Borrani once again. Borrani Americas’ partner Motion Products, Inc. will be showcasing a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO sporting a set of Borrani rims which were standard on Ferrari’s of that era. The distinct blue and yellow colors of this Ferrari 250 GTO reflect its Swedish racing heritage dating back to the 1960s. Swedish racing driver Ulf Norinder owned the car from 1963-1971 racing the car at the Targa Florio, Monza, Daytona, Spa Nurburgring, Reims and at a number of Swedish venues. Historians believe that the received direct assistance and entry in several races through SEFAC Ferrari. Norinder also allowed the car to be driven by other famous drivers of the period, including Jackie Stewert and Chris Amon. New the GTO sold in the United States for $18,000 and buyers had to be personally approved by Enzo Ferrari and his dealer for North America, Luigi Chinetti. Today these rare vehicles (36 in existence) are going for $25-30 million. See video of this vehicle…
- HOT RODDIN’ BORRANI WHEELS! - Borrani Americas’ Blog
Typcically Borrani wire wheels were made for high-end Italian race cars such as Ferrari’s or Maserati’s but Borrani is set to bring new flare to an old custom. Read more...
- KEEPING THE ART IN AUTOMOBILES - Borrani Americas’ Blog
There is something to be said about a product being made by hand. A certain amount of character and emotion are put into each item that is produced. In a world where everything is becoming much more automated, where can the true art be found...click to continue.
- BORRANI AND FERRARI, A WINNING COMBINATION
For over fifty years the cars Enzo Ferrari drove, prepared and later constructed were equipped with the beautiful, functional and strong wire wheels made by Carlo Borrani’s company in Milan. From Grand Prix cars to Le Mans endurance racers to cars for kings, Borrani wheels were a highly visible part of the overall design. Wheels are one of the rare components of a car that are must be constructed with beauty, function, safety and performance; Borrani did it best. click to continue...
- Article by Pete Vack of VeloceToday.com
- A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US - Borrani Americas’ Blog
What are Borrani rims? For those new to the automotive-enthusiast world, Borrani Rims have a long history with the highest quality car manufacturers in the world by supplying an extremely high quality hand-made wire rim that adds style, decreases weight and increases value to a car. read more...
- The Palm Beach Cavallino Classic XXI (January 21)
4 Ferrari’s…that’s all that all it took for Borrani Americas’ partner Motion Products Inc. (MPI) to help their client’s win seven awards at The Palm Beach Cavallino Classic XXI. MPI is known in the Ferrari world as one of the top restoration companies. Their superior craftsmanship, resources and reputation has helped them gain notoriety world-wide. See video of these cars...
Palm Beach Cavallino Classic XXI winners…
- 1962 Ferrari GTO (3 awards)
- 1st GTO built…The Ferrari 250 GTO is one of the most famous and most desired collector models. Produced from 1962-1964 this Ferrari Chassis #3223GT was the first built and to its most recent credits won first place at Pebble Beach in 2011. New, the GTO sold in the United States for $18,000 and buyers had to be personally approved by Enzo Ferrari and his dealer for North America, Luigi Chinetti. Today these rare vehicles (36 in existence) are going for $25 - $30 million.
- 1956 Ferrari 250 Speciale (2 awards)
- This model is built with a long wheel base and is rare because it was only 1 of 4 cars built.
- 1982 512 Ferrari BBLM (1 award)
- 1997 355 Ferrari Berlinetta (1 award)
- Ruote Borrani invited to speak at The Palm Beach Cavallino Classic XXI (January 19)
Matteo Bosisio, head of classic wheels at Ruote Borrani in Italy has been invited to speak at the Preservation Committee meeting on Thursday, January 19 at the Breakers. In the meeting Matteo will discuss the difference in production of classic rims from the 1920s to now. Explanation of these processes will help in the judging of Borrani wire rims for the Concorso d’Eleganza on Saturday as well as other events across the nation like Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. The judges in attendance will have the opportunity to see video of the actual production of the modern machinery used to make classic rims as well as the entire process of these hand-made rims. To view the collection of these videos visit www.youtube.com/borraniamericas.
- Who Races their Million Dollar Ferrari? (January 19 & 20)
Track Day at The Palm Beach International Raceway brings out the who’s who of Ferrari collectors. These private race days are set aside each year during the Palm Beach Cavallino Classic for the owners and collectors to run their cars the way they were built to run. Approaching speeds of 150 miles per hour, these Ferrari lovers are able to test the limits of Enzo Ferrari’s designers. Borrani Americas was invited to this event by their partner Motion Products, Inc. (MPI). Each year MPI trailered six cars to this special event for their clients. Not only do they provide restoration services for their clients but MPI also offers pit crew services for their clients.
- 1962 250 Ferrari GTO – blue w/yellow
- 1959 Ferrari TDF – red w/yellow
- 1984 Ferrari BBLM
- 1977 Ferrari 308M
- 1954 Ferrari 250 Boano
- 1952 Ferrari 212 Spider
777 Kuehn Court - Neenah, WI 54956 - (920) 725-4688 © 2015 Borrani Americas A Division of Motion Products Inc. - All rights reserved Web design by Brook Web Works LLC